Skip to content

Beyond Local

<b>ONTARIO:</b> Ford warns long-term care homes to ensure workers have access to PPE

ONTARIO: Ford warns long-term care homes to ensure workers have access to PPE

Those who don't could face consequences, premier says as indoor visits start this week
<b>COVID-19:</b> Canadians reluctant to wear masks as support for mandatory masking climbs

COVID-19: Canadians reluctant to wear masks as support for mandatory masking climbs

Study shows 55 per cent of people wear masks regularly while the other 45 per cent don them rarely or not at all
<b>CANADA:</b> Feds order supplies to give two doses of COVID-19 vaccine when its ready

CANADA: Feds order supplies to give two doses of COVID-19 vaccine when its ready

First vaccines not expected until 2021, experts say
Lockdown fatigue, 'invincibility' causing more COVID-19 infections in young people

Lockdown fatigue, 'invincibility' causing more COVID-19 infections in young people

More young people are being infected with COVID-19, creating the potential for a severe outbreak, scientists warn. They say the change in demographics could be attributed to lockdown fatigue, increased testing or feelings of invincibility
<b>BEYOND LOCAL:</b> The strain veterinarians face during COVID-19 pandemic

BEYOND LOCAL: The strain veterinarians face during COVID-19 pandemic

The COVID-19 pandemic has had an impact on veterinarians due in part to a run on puppies, but financial uncertainties have also added further strain on an already stressed-out profession
<b>WATCH:</b> Ontario government unveils research projects to be supported by $20M grant

WATCH: Ontario government unveils research projects to be supported by $20M grant

The goal is for researchers to be able to find ways to prevent, detect, and treat COVID-19
<b>CANADA:</b> Cineplex lays off 130 workers in Canada and U.S. amid COVID-19 troubles

CANADA: Cineplex lays off 130 workers in Canada and U.S. amid COVID-19 troubles

Cuts will include senior executives due to retire
<b>CANADA:</b> PMO didn't direct me to choose WE for volunteer program, youth minister says

CANADA: PMO didn't direct me to choose WE for volunteer program, youth minister says

Trudeau, and now his finance minister, are facing ethics probes for their roles in the affair and the fate of the Canada Student Service Grant is uncertain
<b>COVID-19:</b> CDC extends U.S. ban on cruise ships through September

COVID-19: CDC extends U.S. ban on cruise ships through September

From March 1 through July 10, there have been nearly 3,000 cases of COVID-19 or similar illnesses and 34 deaths on cruise ships, according to the CDC
<b>ONTARIO:</b> Province to receive $7 billion of federal pandemic recovery package

ONTARIO: Province to receive $7 billion of federal pandemic recovery package

This funding will help provide critical services, Ford says