It's election day in Ontario!
In Simcoe-Grey (including Collingwood), there are seven candidates on the ballot vying to be the riding's next MPP. The candidates are:
- Ted Crysler for the Ontario Liberal Party
- David Ghobrial for New Blue
- Billy Gordon for None of the Above Direct Democracy Party
- Allan Kuhn for the Green Party of Ontario
- Keith Nunn for the Ontario NDP
- Rodney Sacrey for the Ontario Party
- Brian Saunderson for the PC Party of Ontario
Here's what you need to know to cast a ballot:
When to vote
Polls are open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Where to cast a ballot
By now you should have received a Voter Information Card in the mail that will tell you where your polling station is. You can also find your polling station online here.
What do you need to vote
If you received a Voter Information Card, bring that and one additional piece of ID to the poll. If your name is not on the voters' list, you'll need one piece of ID with your name and current address. Find out more about what you can use for identification here.
Who can vote
If you're a Canadian citizen living in Ontario and are at least 18 years old today, you are eligible to vote. Check if you're registered to vote here.
Once the polls close, we'll be bringing you live election results from the Simcoe-Grey riding.