Press Release - June 23, 2022
Maintenance / Service Disruptions
The Town of The Blue Mountains would like to advise the public that road surface treatment work is scheduled to be conducted on a variety of roads throughout Thornbury and Clarksburg beginning Monday, July 4 through to Friday, July 8.
Surface Treatment will occur on:
- Arthur Street West (Highway 26), from Peel Street North to Bruce Street South
- King Street East (Highway 26), from Bruce Street South to Grey Street South
- Lora Bay Drive, from Highway 26 to Sunset Boulevard
- Baring Street, from Alfred Street West to Peel Street South
- Alice Street West, from Baring Street to Lansdowne Street South
- Duncan Street West, from 10th Line to Bruce Street South
- Edward Street, from 10th Line to Marsh Street
- Hill Street, from John Street to Matilda Street (Grey Road 13)
- Arthur Taylor Lane
Partial lane closures will be in effect during treatment. To reduce impacts to local businesses and area travel, work on Arthur Street West and King Street East (Highway 26) is scheduled to be completed overnight on Monday, July 4 and Tuesday, July 5, with Wednesday, July 6 held as a rain date. This work is exempt from the Town’s Noise By-law according to Section 3, Item D. Residents are asked to reduce speeds on roads that have recently been treated to help lessen the disturbance of the roadway.
The Town utilizes micro sealing as a cost-effective solution to provide a new driving surface, while preserving and protecting the underlying pavement structure. To learn more, visit the road maintenance web page.
For more information, please contact:
Manager of Roads and Drainage
(519) 599-3131 ext. 271