ONTARIO PROVINCIAL POLICE
Members of the Collingwood & Blue Mountains Detachment Community Street Crime Units (CSCU) and Huronia West Detachment CSCU of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have charged two people in connection to a drug trafficking investigation in Collingwood, Stayner and Wasaga Beach.
In April 2021 the Collingwood/Huronia West CSCU commenced an investigation into cocaine and fentanyl trafficking in Collingwood, Wasaga Beach and Stayner. On Jan. 4, 2022, members of the CSCU conducted a traffic stop of the accused driving their vehicles and arrested them without incident.
During the investigation officers seized a loaded .45 caliber handgun, as well as a large quantity of fentanyl and cocaine. The controlled substances have an estimated street value of approximately $20,000.
As a result of the investigation, the following persons have been charged with numerous offences related to the Criminal Code and Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) related offences.
Jerome Pantlitz-Soloman, 23 years of age, of Mississauga, has been charged with:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - cocaine
- Possession of schedule 1 - cocaine
- Possession of prohibited firearm
- Possession of a loaded prohibited firearm
- Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was a prohibited firearm
- Possession of prohibited ammunition
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of firearm
- Unauthorized possession of prohibited firearm
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Possession for weapon for a dangerous purpose
Jeremiah Soloman, 25 years of age, of Mississauga, has been charged with:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - fentanyl
- Possession of schedule I - fentanyl
The accused Jerome Pantlitz-Soloman was held in custody and is scheduled for a bail hearing Jan. 5, 2022.
The accused Jeremiah Soloman was released on an undertaking and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Collingwood, on Jan. 25, 2022.
Report suspected drug-trafficking or suspicious activity to OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers to remain anonymous at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or https://ontariocrimestoppers.ca/.