GEORGIAN TRIANGLE HUMANE SOCIETY
What’s better than a cookie that tastes good? A cookie that does good! Tim Hortons Smile Cookie Campaign is back supporting charities in communities across the country, including The Georgian Triangle Humane Society and The Collingwood General & Marine Hospital Foundation in Collingwood – two of 550 Canadian charities, hospitals and community programs supported through the annual campaign.
For one week, from Sept. 16 – 22, restaurant owners donate the full $1 from every freshly baked chocolate chunk Smile Cookie purchased to support charities in their community. Guests can complete a form to place pre-orders for Smile Cookies through their restaurant in Collingwood.
This year, Tim Hortons restaurants in Collingwood are supporting the Georgian Triangle Humane Society and the Collingwood General & Marine Hospital Foundation. The Sunnidale Corners restaurant will be supporting the Georgian Triangle Humane Society.
The Georgian Triangle Humane Society has no formal boundaries; it serves the area commonly known as the ‘Georgian Triangle’, which includes the communities of Wasaga Beach, Stayner, Creemore, Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Thornbury, Clarksburg, Meaford and the surrounding areas. At times we have provided assistance to animals beyond this region. Our mission is to deliver innovative programs and compassionate services that enhance the lives of pets in need and the people that care for them.
The Collingwood General & Marine Hospital Foundation is the only reliable source of funding for capital equipment, facility expansion/renovation and new technology and services for CGMH. Despite its small, aging facility, CGMH is a leader in infection control, rural teaching and orthopaedics thanks to community support.
Smile Cookie Campaign Facts
- In 2018, the Smile Cookie campaign raised $7.8 million across Canada
- For over 23 years, we’ve been spreading smiles – the Smile Cookie campaign began in 1996 to help raise funds for the Hamilton Children’s Hospital in Ontario
- The Smile Cookie campaign and has grown to become a major fundraising event at Tim Hortons Restaurants
- Nationally, Tim Hortons Restaurant owners support 550 local charities, hospitals and community programs through the Smile Cookie campaign
Join the Smile Cookie Conversation
- Use the hashtag #SmileCookie
- Tag or follow us on Instagram @TimHortons , @gthumanesociety
- Tag or follow us on Twitter @TimHortons , @gthumanesociety & @cgmhf
- Like us on Facebook Tim Hortons ,Georgian Triangle Humane Society, & Collingwood General and Marine Hospital Foundation
- Subscribe to us on YouTube @TimHortons @ GTHumaneSociety, & @cgmhf
- Visit TimHortons.com/smilecookie for a list of local charities benefiting from the Smile Cookie campaign