Skip to content

Residents displaced by kitchen fan exhaust fire

Collingwood Fire Department knocked back the fire quickly but the home was damaged by smoke

The Collingwood Fire Department was called to a home on Leslie Drive this afternoon for a house fire. 

According to Deputy Fire Chief Dan Thurman, the fire started in the kitchen fan exhaust and spread to the wall behind it. 

At least one resident was home at the time and got out safely. She called 911. 

There was some smoke damage in the home, which impacted air quality. The residents will be displaced as a result. 

Thurman estimated the damage could be around $50,000 though it was too early to confirm that figure. 


Erika Engel

About the Author: Erika Engel

Erika regularly covers all things news in Collingwood as a reporter, photographer and community editor.
Read more



Comments