YMCA OF SIMCOE/MUSKOKA
In celebration of Family Day, the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka will be opening its doors to the community on Monday, February 17 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. This free open house will feature various activities for the whole family in seven YMCA locations across Simcoe/Muskoka.
“The Y is the perfect place to spend Family Day! Whether you’re looking to spend time with toddlers, teens, grandparents or friends, it’s a great opportunity to unplug, celebrate good health and wellbeing, and connect with friends and neighbours,” says Karen Pulla, Vice President, Health, Fitness and Aquatics, YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
Activity highlights for each YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka location include:
• The Barrie YMCA will feature a fun-filled day of arts and crafts, wheelchair basketball, open gym and swim, family ‘Swim to Survive’ program and a lifesaving sport demonstration.
• The Collingwood YMCA is running exciting programs throughout the day including family swim, family basketball, and open gym!
• Kick off Family Day at the Gravenhurst YMCA with a pancake breakfast! Spend the day at the Y enjoying activities such as family volleyball, family basketball, parent & tot play, family swim and a Magic Show for the whole family to enjoy!
• The Innisfil YMCA invites you and your family for a free community gym and swim and an opportunity to take part in a family ‘Swim to Survive’ program. • Join the Midland YMCA for some family fun including family gym and swim and a kids craft zone!
• The Orillia YMCA’s schedule is packed with exciting family programs for all ages including open swim and gym, family Bootcamp, family Pickleball, family Cardio, family Stretch and more! Don’t forget to check out the scavenger hunt, crafts and boards games available for kids of all ages!
• The Wasaga Beach YMCA is excited to participate once again in Snowman Mania, where families can enjoy a fun-filled day of activities for parents and children of all ages! *There is a small fee to attend Snowman Mania.
YMCA Family Day activities are FREE and open to everyone in the community. For more information, please contact your local YMCA or visit smym.ca/familyday for a list of scheduled events and times. Picture ID is required for anyone over the age of 16 years old.