X-ray machines are invaluable devices that help medical professionals including family doctors and orthopaedic and general surgeons look into patients’ bodies to determine the cause of an injury, an illness or to confirm a diagnosis.
At Collingwood General and Marine Hospital (CGMH), the x-ray machine is one of the few pieces of equipment that is used daily. The hospital’s Diagnostic Imaging team of radiologists and medical radiation technologists rely on its current Fluoroscopy and Digital X-ray machine to care for more than 64,000 patients each year.
After more than 10 years and thousands of x-rays, CGMH’s current Fluoroscopy & Digital X-ray machine is showing signs of aging and must be replaced. Through its year-end Tree of Life campaign, the CGMH Foundation hopes to raise $1 million to purchase a new Fluoroscopy and Digital X-ray machine. Fluoroscopy differs from a normal x-ray in that the images produced appear in real-time, providing detailed, moving images of the entire body, like an x-ray “movie”.
CGMH Chief of Staff and General Surgeon Dr. Michael Lisi says, “It is during difficult times like these that I reflect on how very grateful I am to live and work in a community where people understand the importance of investing in their local hospital. By ensuring your hospital has the most up-to-date equipment, you are showing how much you care for every person who is a part of this great community. Please consider making a gift towards this very important piece of equipment and help your hospital continue to safely deliver care to thousands of patients in our community.”
Why donate? A new state-of-the-art Fluoroscopy and Digital X-ray machine will:
- Have a huge impact on the lives of many patients in the community;
- help the CGMH imaging team not only diagnose a fracture but also perform minimally invasive procedures, such as barium contrast exams and joint/spine injections;
- allow the team to continue to accurately keep track of patients’ response to treatment or detect and treat an illness like cancer in many areas of the body, including the stomach, intestines, kidneys, heart and lungs;
- offer patients lower dosages of radiation with higher quality images; and
- be more ergonomic and user-friendly, providing a more comfortable experience for both patients and the medical radiation technologists, who operate the x-ray machine for several hours a day.
Your donation will have a big impact – funds raised will go towards purchasing the much-needed Fluoroscopy and Digital X-ray machine AND help diagnose and treat patients suffering from wide variety of illnesses and issues.
The CGMH Foundation’s vision is to help raise the funds necessary to provide outstanding care for life. No donation is too small – every donation counts!
For more information, please visit the CGMH Foundation website. To make a donation, please visit cgmhf.com/tol/. You can also contact CGMH Annual Giving Coordinator Maria Borges at 705.444.8645 or send an e-mail.