ONTARIO JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
MISSISSAUGA – The Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL) today released its 2019-20 regular season schedule – and confirmed dates for its the annual Governors' Showcase.
The season opens Friday, Sept. 6, with 12 of the OJHL’s 22 team’s in action. The defending OJHL and Dudley-Hewitt Cup champion Oakville Blades host the Brantford 99ers in both teams’ openers Sept. 7.
The movement of two franchises has meant adjustments to the OJHL’s divisional alignment. The Collingwood Colts (formerly the Kingston Voyageurs) move into the North Division. The Milton Menace (the former Newmarket Hurricanes) are in the West Division. The Brampton Admirals have moved into the South Division.
The OJHL schedule consists of 594 games featuring inter-conference play, which was first introduced during the 2012-13 season.
Each club will once again play a 54-game (26 home, 26 away) regular schedule, and two games at the Governors’ Showcase.
The regular season ends Feb. 23. The top four teams in each division will make the playoffs.
Click here for the full 2019-20 OJHL regular season schedule.
Following the success of hosting the annual Governors' Showcase in the U.S. the past four years, the Buffalo Jr. Sabres will once again host the event this year at the state-of-the-art Harbor Center in Buffalo, New York from Sept. 23-25, 2019.
Highlights of the 2019-20 schedule include:
- Opening night – Friday, Sept. 6, 2019 – games are scheduled at Markham, St. Michael’s, Wellington, Milton, Lindsay and Trenton.
- The Milton Menace hosts the Burlington Cougars in the franchise’s first game Sept. 6 at Milton Memorial Arena. The Collingwood Colts meet the Toronto Jr. Canadiens in their inaugural home opener Sept. 13 at Eddie Bush Memorial Arena.
- Annual Governors' Showcase to be held in Buffalo, New York, for the fifth consecutive year, from Sept. 23-25, 2019 at HarborCenter. The event attracts hundreds of NHL, NCAA, U Sports and OHL scouts to the beautiful downtown facility.
- 2019 World Junior 'A' Challenge will be played from December 7-15, 2019 in Dawson Creek, B.C.
- 2020 Dudley-Hewitt Cup, Central Canadian Junior 'A' Championship hosted by the Superior International Junior Hockey League.
- 2020 National Junior 'A' Championship hosted by the Portage Terriers (MJHL) in Portage la Prairie, Man from May 9-17, 2020
About the OJHL – “League of Choice”
The Ontario Junior Hockey League is the largest Junior ‘A’ league operating under the auspices of the
Canadian Junior Hockey League with 22 member clubs. A proud member of the CJHL and Ontario
Hockey Association, the OJHL was originally named the Ontario Provincial Junior ‘A’ Hockey League and it was formed out of the Central Junior ‘B’ Hockey League in 1993-94. With a long and storied history of developing players for the next level, including U Sports, the NCAA, CHL, minor pro ranks and the NHL, the OJHL had more than 115 commitments in 2018-19 – including more than 60 NCAA Division I scholarships.
For more information on the Ontario Junior Hockey League, please visit www.ojhl.ca