COUNTY OF SIMCOE
Summer at the Simcoe County Museum is historic! Join us throughout July and August as our Museum After Hours, Summer Sundays and Simcoe Day programs and events return with family activities, education and much more.
Spend your summer stay-cation at the Simcoe County Museum every Sunday afternoon in July and August from 1 – 4:30 p.m. Themes include:
- July 1 - Happy Birthday Canada: Celebrate Canada’s Birthday with cake, games and more
- July 8, 29 and Aug. 19 - Old Fashioned Cooking: Delicious home-made treats baked in a wood-fired oven
- July 15 – Trades Day: Learn about some classic trades from the early 19th century
- July 22 and Aug. 12 – Cottage Games: Don’t have a cottage of your own? That’s okay – join us at our own Cedar View Cottage for games and fun
- Aug. 5 – Smithing Day: Tinsmith and blacksmith demonstrations to enjoy
- Aug. 26 – Harvest Time: August is bursting with seasonal fruits and vegetables. Come and celebrate the harvest with us
Museum After Hours:
Join us Tuesday evenings throughout the summer for our Museum After Hours program. Explore the County’s past with games, activities and family-friendly fun. The program runs from 7 – 9 p.m. (unless otherwise listed) and features five different rotating themes:
- July 3, July 24 and Aug. 14 - Good Old-fashioned Games Night: Snack on bread oven pizza and other goodies while you challenge each other - we have lots of board games to choose from! Don’t forget to wear your PJ’s
- July 10 and Aug. 7 - Liars Club: Test your knowledge of Museum artifacts during our Liar’s Club game as our staff try to mislead you about the true identity of some of our rare objects
- July 17 and Aug. 28 - Back to Basics: Delicious home-made treats baked in a wood-fired oven, pioneer games, candle making and more will be featured these nights
- July 31 - 50s Night: Our 1950s themed night including a classic movie playing on our big screen, 1950s décor, and concession snacks for sale (but we’ll let you sneak in your own peanut free and nut free treats if you want) Check our website closer to the date for the movie title (Movie will be shown inside)
- Aug. 21 - Movie Night 8-10:15: We’ll have concession snacks for sale (but we’ll let you sneak in your own peanut free and nut free treats if you want) and be sure to bring your chairs and blankets. Check our website closer to the date for the movie title (Movie will be shown inside)
Simcoe Day Event:
Join us on Monday, Aug. 6 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for our second annual Simcoe Day event as we celebrate the statutory holiday and honour the County’s 175th Anniversary.
The Museum grounds will be open to the public and the event will feature a complimentary BBQ and ice cream treat, booths and displays including Meet the Fleet with Paramedic Services vehicles, a LINX bus, road construction equipment and more. Our giant inflatable green bin will also be on hand.
Admission to the three events and programs is by donation. Pre-registration is not required. The Simcoe County Museum is located at 1151 Highway 26, just minutes north of Barrie. For more information, please contact the Simcoe County Museum at (705) 728-3721.
Take the Infinite Journey with the Simcoe County Museum, a cultural exploration of our historical past and exciting future. The Simcoe County Museum is owned and operated by the County of Simcoe and offers year round exhibits, events and educational programs for visitors of every age. Visit our website for further details.